Sunday, June 27, 2021

Aphantasia: The People Without a Mind's Eye | 'Out of Mind'

The first three minutes of this video talk about how a few people can't visualize things in their minds.  


This is an interesting condition because I have always been kind of the opposite.  Very often I close my eyes and visualize things in my mind.

I have played chess in my head many times although with a great deal of difficulty.  I think that I was better at this when I was younger.  Under the right circumstances, I might get a good visual of the board in my head.  It helps to have no distractions.  Even when I play chess normally I am easily bothered by distractions.

Every time I have written a computer program I've tried to visualize ahead of time the different parts in my mind.  Some people might do this on paper but I might spend hours just thinking about it before I write any code.

No comments:

Post a Comment