Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Greenwood Chess Club

We had 15 to 17 players show up last night.  I lost count.

Normally I try to "direct traffic" a little at the chess club.  For example, if I see a couple of people standing around, I likely will suggest that they play each other.  Sometimes people don't play because they are not aware that there is a chess set available.  Likewise, I might suggest that two similarly strength players start a game.  

However, there seems to a be a magic number, which is around 12 players, where things suddenly become chaotic and I lose any sense of control.  That's not a problem, but things happen more organically, which is to say randomly.  I don't even know for sure how many we had last night, because people were coming and going at all times

For example, I try to speak with new players and get contact information for them.  However, we had three new players last night, and I only had a chance to speak to two of them.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment