Friday, November 4, 2016

Some Facebook posts about Carson Nuss

Abigail LeeAnna Phillips

Today wasn't goodbye it was a see you later. Carson you were the most amazing and loving person I have ever met. I don't know why you had to go you had so much going for you, but God just needed another angel, and what a perfect angel he received. I never knew you to hate any one I just knew the love and the hugs and the good memories you shared. Today I saw what an impact you made on everyone's lives... I love you so much bub! And I'll see you later




Magan Bowen in Kokomo, Indiana.
12 hrs ·

Please keep my family in your prayers, today we lay to rest a special young man.. especially pray for his mom, dad and brother...


The Carson Nuss funeral procession just went thru town. It's usually so noisy outside near hwy 26 in the heart of town, but at that moment, so quiet. I stood outside saying a prayer for the family of young man who lived here ...a family who gives so much to this community. Sherri Coffey Nuss and Matt, our hearts all break for you but this town lifts you up with our support. Bless you on this day.




This was read at my Nephew's funeral.

A most beautiful poem 'The Dash' by Linda Ellis

I read of a man who stood to speak at the funeral of a friend. He referred to the dates on her casket from beginning to the end. He noted that first came the date of her birth and spoke of the following date with tears, but he said what mattered most of all was the dash between those years. For that dash represents all the time that she spent alive on earth and now only those who loved her know what that little line is worth.

For it matters not, how much we own, the cars, the house, the cash,

What matters is how we live and love and how we spend our dash.

So think about this long and hard; Are there things you would like to change?

For you never know how much time is left that can still be rearranged.

If we could just slow down enough to consider what is true and real

and always try to understand the way other people feel.

And be less quick to anger and show appreciation more

and love the people in our lives like we have never loved before.

If we treat each other with respect and more often wear a smile,

Remembering that this special dash might only last a little while.

So when your eulogy is being read with your life's actions to rehash…

Would you be proud of the things they say about how you spent your dash?



The service celebrating the life of my nephew, Carson Nuss, could not have been done any better. The pastor, Carson's friends and family, spoke about what a smart, upbeat, energetic, loving and generous person he was.

The number of mourners was staggering, with at least 1,500 coming to the viewing yesterday. Today's service was a packed house.


Today friends and families saw a loved one for the last time. As they go through this, I ask that you pray for comfort and healing over them. Carson was such an amazing young man. He will never be forgotten. Always in my thoughts and prayers ❤️

"When my heart is overwhelmed lead me to the rock that is higher than I." Psalm 61:2

Rest easy, Carson
Sherri Coffey Nuss Codi Hurd








Caroline Conaway with Sherri Coffey Nuss and Codi Hurd.
1 hr ·

Today we laid to rest one of the kindest souls I have been blessed to know. My life will never be the same, it is altered forever. Although it is a very hard time right now, I know Carson is up with our Father watching World War II documentaries and looking down and smiling on us. I'm glad I got the privilege to know and love someone who is undoubtably one of the most influential people I have ever known. thank you for loving the person I love and being there for him always and loving me just as much. I will never forget you, rest easy, sweet boy.





Carsons funeral was the nicest celebration of life I've ever seen, from the beautiful casket, flowers and painted vault... he's going to be missed by so many but his send off was beautiful




--

No comments:

Post a Comment