Monday, October 23, 2023

Slow Windows 10/Minisforum UM790 Pro

Has Windows 10 gotten slower lately? I noticed the same thing with Mac OS. This could be due to security updates, which put more burden on the computer. In addition, Windows Defender sometimes runs in the background making the computer slower.

In late May I had problems with my 2017 iMac and had to reinstall MacOS and Windows 10. During the repair process, I used my somewhat slow laptop as my main computer, but I was impressed at how well it ran Windows. However, I tried the laptop the other day, and it seemed sluggish. I also noticed that the iMac was sluggish.

Fortunately, I recently bought a new mini-computer. It uses the recently released 4-nanometer AMD 7940hs processor with a whopping 8 cores and 16 threads. Compared to my other computers, it is ridiculously fast. This is also my first computer that uses SSD for storage. SSDs are very fast and have been around for a while, but they became much more affordable this year.

I waited for the computer to go on sale and ordered it from China to save money. However, I had to wait 5 weeks for it to ship from China. I just noticed that it is on sale on Amazon.


--

No comments:

Post a Comment