Friday, September 8, 2017

Response to someone studying "education equality" in college.

Took my last college course almost 30 years ago, so I may not understand the nuances of modern education, but equality sounds to me like a liberal buzz word.  The reason a person goes to school, gets good grades, and then works hard, as I did for 30 years, is to produce inequality, i.e. Get ahead.  My take is that people worried about equality are the ones who didn't work as hard.  However, I understand that there is this concern over inherent unfairness, but this is mostly a false narrative.  There is, and has been for some time, ample opportunity for people to get an education.  We educate too many, because 40% of graduates have to take jobs that don't require a degree.  And despite those who try to stir racial tension in order to divide us, race relations are better than they have ever been. 


Best wishes,

John Coffey

No comments:

Post a Comment