Sunday, July 28, 2013

re: Long Days of Summer chess tournament in American Fork Utah.

Shahram and I left my house 8:45 Saturday morning and thanks in part to traffic problems got back to Salt Lake City 10:30 that night.   We were both hungry since there was no dinner break, so we stopped for food and didn't get home until about 11:20 PM.  

Although it was fun tournament, this felt for me like too long of a day.  I remember in the last round I had a headache, probably from the tension in the tournament.  (Ibuprofen should be standard chess tournament equipment.)   Shahram commented that in the future he didn't want to drive this far to play such a long tournament.

On the other hand, I would probably do this again because I am such a masochist for chess.  However, I was pretty tired the next day.  Sometimes in the past when I would overexert myself I would get sick later.  I am hoping that this doesn't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment